You Want to Go Vegan But You Love Curd? No Problem!
Curd is such an important part of the Indian diet. Many new vegans find eliminating curd from their diet very difficult. But guess what? Vegans have curd, lassi, dahi, etc., just like everyone else. You can make vegan curds by using any coconut milk, cashew milk, sesame milk, rice milk or any other vegan milk. Most people feel that the best milk for making curd is peanut milk, due to its natural thickness.
There are three main things required to make vegan curd: plant-based milk, a starter and patience. For this particular recipe, we will use peanuts and a homemade starter.
- 300 ml of peanut milk
- 1 liter of water
- 5 – 6 chili tops (cut the chillies in such a manner that only the top part with the green stalk is being used. It should have little chili left in it)
- For the starter
Boil the peanut milk for 2 – 3 minutes and let it cool down. Toss in the chilli tops and leave it in the milk overnight. This is your starter.
- For the curd
- Boil the peanut milk for 2 – 3 minutes and then let it cool down.
- Add 2 – 3 spoons of the starter and let it set overnight.
- Important: do not disturb the curdling process.
- Once the curd is set, you can keep it in the fridge.
Share this delicious vegan curd recipe with your friends and family on Facebook!