Vegan Lasagne Bechamel (with sweet potato and cauliflower)
Lasagne is one of the oldest forms of pasta. You’ll find it in every Italian household.
It’s a multi layered dish that can have a huge variety of fillings. This version with sweet potato and cauliflower is delightful (and vegan!)Preparation Time: 1 hour 30 minutes
- 2 tbsp vegan butter
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 5 tbsp flour
- 2 cups unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 tsp salt or to taste
- 1/8 tsp freshly grated nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp black pepper or to taste
- 1/2 sweet potato or yam sliced (raw or roasted)
- Thinly sliced cauliflower florets(raw or Lightly blanched)
- Breadcrumbs or cheese
- 8-10 lasagna sheets(no-boil)
- Dried parsley and thyme
- 1/4 cup bread crumbs or vegan parmesan or coarse ground cashew/almond mixed with nutritional yeast
- In a medium pan, melt the butter/oil on medium.
- Add the flour and whisk to form a roux or thick paste. Cook 1-2 minutes until it is just about to change color.
- Add almond milk, whisk as you add, making sure there are no lumps.
Pledge to try veg
Sign up to get great tips and recipes