Herbed Brown Rice with Veggies in Spicy Tomato Gravy
Rice and sabzi with a little twist.
This fancy version of our Indian classic uses brown rice, delicate herbs and a spicy homemade tomato gravy. Don’t worry, it’s just as easy as making tomato rice and you’ll love the fresh taste.Preparation Time: 30 Minutes
FOR THE RICE
- 1 cup long grained brown rice
- 3 cup water
- 1 tsp vinegar
- 2 tbsp oil
- 2-3 tsp mixed dried herbs (basil, thyme, chives etc.)
- Sea salt
- 2 carrots
- 7- 8 baby corns
- 1 small capsicum (green bell pepper)
- 6-7 tomatoes
- 7-10 cloves of garlic
- 1 inch piece ginger
- 3-4 dry red chillies
- Put the first five ingredients and a bit of salt in a microwave safe glass dish and cook on high for about 18-20 minutes.
- Let it stand for a few minutes.
- Fluff with a fork.
- Sprinkle more salt as desired and crush pepper with a pepper mill directly over the rice.
- Mix gently with fork and keep aside covered.
Pledge to try veg
Sign up to get great tips and recipes