Mixed Dal and Rice Dosa Recipe
The dosa is a classic Indian crepe that can be both soft and crispy, depending on your mood.
It’s super easy getting creative with this dish. This version is made from mixed lentils, making this a protein rich option.Preparation Time: Overnight
- 1/2 cup rice (chawal), washed and drained
- 1/4 cup toovar (arhar) dal, washed and drained
- 1 tbsp urad dal (split black lentils), washed and drained
- 1 tbsp chana dal (split bengal gram), washed and drained
- 1 tbsp whole moong (whole green gram), washed and drained
- 1 tbsp whole wheat (gehun), washed and drained
- 1/2 tsp chilli powder
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder (haldi)
- 1 tbsp finely chopped coriander (dhania)
- 2 1/2 tsp oil for cooking
- Combine the rice, toovar dal, urad dal, chana dal, whole moong and whole wheat in a deep bowl and soak it in enough water for 2 hours. Drain well.
- Blend in a mixer along with 1½ cups of water till smooth.
- Transfer the mixture into a deep bowl, add the salt and mix well. Cover it with a lid and keep aside to ferment in a warm place for 12 hours.
Pledge to try veg
Sign up to get great tips and recipes