Creamy Coconut Pumpkin
Coconut is so versatile, isn’t it? It makes delicious sauces, chutneys and even milk. This recipe for coconut and pumpkin stew utilizes this multi-faceted fruit.
Along with the coconut and coconut milk, pumpkin adds to the creamy texture of this lovely stew.Preparation Time: 45 minutes
- 2 carrots
- 10 beans
- 1 potato
- 1 sweet potato
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 1 large slice red pumpkin (500 gms)
- 2 radishes
- 1 chow chow
- 1/2 cup thick coconut cream/milk
- 2 tsp coconut oil
- 2 green chillies
- 1 inch cinnamon
- 4 cloves
- Scrub and wash all the vegetables well (do not peel them).
- Cut the pumpkin, radish and chow chow into chunks and place them in a microwave safe dish.
- Sprinkle some salt over them, add half a cup of water and nuke for about 10 minutes (until tender). Transfer to a wide bowl or plate and keep aside to cool.