Appes can be an indulgent breakfast treat or a yummy evening snack.
This recipe shows you how to skip the fermentation process and make ready-to-chomp on instant appes!Preparation Time: 20 minutes (but soak the mung dal for 3-4 hours)
- 1/2 cup split yellow mung beans (moong dal)
- 1 tsp roasted cumin seeds
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp green chilli paste
- Salt to taste
- 2 tsp oil for greasing
- Soak the yellow moong dal in enough water for 3 to 4 hours.
- Add the drained dal and ¼ cup of water and blend it in a mixer to a smooth paste.
- Transfer the mixture into a bowl, add green chilli paste, turmeric powder, cumin seeds and salt, mix well and keep aside.
Pledge to try veg
Sign up to get great tips and recipes