Chilla (Vegetarian Omelet)
Chilla is a super tasty savoury pancake. It’s a good Indian breakfast recipe.
It’s really quick and easy to make. You can experiment a lot with the recipe.
Preparation Time: 20 minutes
- 1 1/2 cups besan (bengal gram flour)
- 1 large tomato, chopped
- 3 to 4 green chillies, chopped
- 1/2 ginger (adrak), chopped
- 6 cloves of garlic (lehsun), chopped
- 1 tsp cumin seeds (jeera)
- 2 tbsp chopped coriander (dhania) leaves
-Grind green chilies, ginger and garlic to a paste.
-Mix besan, ground paste, cumin seeds, coriander leaves and chopped tomato.
-Add water and make thin batter.
-Heat a tawa, grease with a little oil and then and pour a little batter. spread into a thin round and then cook till done.
-Then fold it and serve immediately.
This recipe comes from Tarla Dalal at www.tarladalal.com